The study programme of Physical Geography gives theoretical and practical knowledge concerning natural components and units of landscape. It enables the understanding of relationships, connections, and processes influencing the state and development of landscape in space and time. The students, following up their Bachelor's studies, should extend their knowledge about the basic components of the natural environment and about applied landscape ecology. They should be able to analyse, synthesize, and evaluate their mutual relationships.
A successful graduate is able to
- work with map and literature
- manage working communication with people
- be able to use professional terminology in foreign language
- manage terrain work and documentation processing
- apply statistical methods, computers, and information technologies for the analysis of geographical reality effectively
- analyse and synthesize individual components of natural environment
- formulate basic problems in the system of natural environment - human society in selected regions
- critically evaluate knowledge related to phenomena, processes, and interrelations in a landscape
- solve particular problems independently, connect their activities with professionals from related branches dealing with environment and landscape
- manage such working (research) teams
- organize communication with a non-geographical community
- adapt in their own work to changing needs of society and practice
The graduates can find employment in design and consultancy companies, departments of civil administration at the local, regional and central levels, in research institutions focusing both on basic and applied research (departments of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic), as well as in the applied research in geography and follow-up branches (Ministry of Environment), in the departments of agriculture, and bodies and institutions of both of these departments, and also at universities and non-profit environmental organizations. The graduates can continue their studies in the doctoral degree programme of the same name.
|Faculty||Faculty of Science|
|Type of study||follow-up master's|
|Standard length of studies||2 years|
|Language of instruction||czech|
Field combinations with Physical Geography
This field of study is only offered in single-subject study mode
Written exam includes special test of geography and cartography on the level of bachelor study.(only in Czech)
As seen on web: http://www.geogr.muni.cz/
Applicants will be accepted on the base of their entrance exam. The result of special test is also counted.
Further detailed information related to the studies in this study programme can be found in the Course Catalogue for a given matriculation year or on the web pages of the Department of Geography: http://geogr.muni.cz/magisterske-studium#fyzicka-geografie.