The general Bachelor's study programme of Chemistry prepares highly qualified specialists possessing basic theoretical and practical knowledge in all chemical disciplines, namely inorganic, organic, analytical, physical chemistry, and biochemistry. The programme aims to prepare students for either continuation in Master's studies of any of the chosen chemistry disciplines or for a job in industry or commercial companies. Graduates become qualified to handle highly toxic chemicals in compliance with the Law no. 267/2015 Sb.
A successful graduate is able to
- use theoretical knowledge and practical skills, based on current scientific findings
- carry out experiments in a chemical laboratory and safely handle chemical substances
- analyse experimental results with the use of instrumental and computational methods
- work effectively with chemistry literature and database, and search for information
- understand ethical criteria of scientific work
- demonstrate professional language skills in the field of chemistry
- publicly present and defend the results of their scientific work
Course graduates are qualified for basic and applied research, for managerial professions and for all spheres where both theoretical and practical knowledge of chemistry is required.
If students are not willing to continue with a Master's degree programme, they can find, thanks to their knowledge of chemistry, computer and language skills, a variety of jobs in chemical laboratories in all areas of basic research, development, business sector, state management, health care, pharmacy and food industry, as well as in management of production, manipulation, matter controlling and disposal of chemical materials in both Czech and foreign companies.
|Faculty||Faculty of Science|
|Type of study||bachelor's|
|Standard length of studies||3 years|
|Language of instruction||czech|
Field combinations with Chemistry
This field of study is only offered in single-subject study mode
a) TSP or
b) Special Test or
c) TSP and Special Test (Czech only)
The knowledge required to pass the Learning Potential Test is not obtained by studying specific information sources. Examples of previous years' tests can be found on http://www.muni.cz/study/admission/tsp
Result of Learning Potential Test or Special Test