Mathematics for Education
During their studies, the students are acquainted with the elements of contemporary mathematical disciplines (geometry, algebra, differential and integral calculus) and of the disciplines related to them. The teaching material is presented in such a way that it provides an understanding of the architecture of the individual mathematical disciplines on one hand and also an understanding of the relationship between mathematics as science and the school subject called mathematics.
The objective of the study is especially the preparation for the master track of teacher training for mathematics teachers. In the part of the studies common for mathematics and the other subject, the students receive training in psychology, pedagogy, and general didactics. The graduates are thus sufficiently qualified to become teaching assistants.
A successful graduate is able to
- Develop and in practice apply the basic professional competences of a mathematics teacher.
- Enrich and improve their theoretical knowledge in mathematical analysis, algebra, geometry, discrete mathematics and probability theory during the follow-up master degree programme
- Develop their theoretical knowledge and apply them in practice.
- Transform their mathematical knowledge didactically into the elementary school teaching of mathematics
- Develop further the theoretical knowledge in mathematical disciplines through self-study and through courses for further education of teachers.
- Continue in the doctoral studies in pedagogy with the focus on mathematics teaching at elementary schools.
- Fruitfully use the acquired knowledge in the common pedagogical disciplines(pedagogy and psychology) when working as a warden in a hall of residence or after school clubs
- Communicate in a foreign language on a basic level and thus contribute to the international character of education.
The graduate is trained at the basic level of professional education with a didactic component and is ready for Master's level studies in teaching mathematics. According to the law about employees in the education sector, the graduate may work as a teaching assistant, instructor in free-time centres, as a warden in a hall of residence, as an instructor in after-school clubs, or in various civic centres devoted to education and mentoring. The graduate can also be employed anywhere where mathematical thinking is required.
|Faculty||Faculty of Education|
|Type of study||bachelor's|
|Standard length of studies||3 years|
|Language of instruction||czech|
Field combinations with Mathematics for Education
Combinations with fields of Faculty of Education
Combinations with fields of other faculties
Faculty of Sports Studies
Animator of Sport Activities
||Apply for combination|
The applicants will take the Learning Potential Test (in Czech language!) http://www.ped.muni.cz/studium/pro-uchazece-o-studium/test-studijnich-predpokladu.
Conditions and criteria for admission to studies in Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes at the Faculty of Education, MU are made public on the PdF website http://www.ped.muni.cz/studium/pro-uchazece-o-studium.