The goal of the study programme of Inorganic Chemistry is to prepare graduates with deep theoretical and practical knowledge in inorganic chemistry. The basis of the education in this area is knowledge of all areas of chemistry, with enhanced competence in systematic inorganic chemistry, the structure and properties of inorganic compounds and methods for their study. To this basis are added subjects that broaden students' view, such as coordination chemistry, solid state and materials chemistry and organometallic chemistry, as well as special lectures on advanced synthetic methods, X-ray structure analysis, NMR spectroscopy, vibrational spectroscopy, mass spectrometry, and other analytical methods. Practical training is conducted with emphasis on synthetic inorganic and organometallic chemistry.
A successful graduate is able to
- solve comprehensively chemical problems via qualified preparative research and subsequent structural research
- use appropriate technology for working with volatile compounds, extremely sensitive to air humidity and oxygen, and with aggressive materials
- functionally use physico-chemical and computational methods to study the structure of materials
- safely handle dangerous chemical substances and instruct others how to deal with them
- work effectively with professional literature in a foreign language
- present to the public and defend the results of their scientific work
The graduates of this study programme will find employment in a wide range of professions that require specialist qualifications at a university level. They will find a job in many branches, particularly in chemical, pharmaceutical and food industries, quality control laboratories of industry, environmental protection, health care and agriculture, as well as in chemical process design and various commercial institutions, home and abroad.
|Faculty||Faculty of Science|
|Type of study||follow-up master's|
|Standard length of studies||2 years|
|Language of instruction||czech|
Field combinations with Inorganic Chemistry
This field of study is only offered in single-subject study mode
The information displayed in this block refers to a previous admission procedure.
Written exam on the bachelor exam level (only in Czech).
As seen on bachelor exam
Result of entrance test.