A Master’s degree in Analytical Biochemistry comprises the application of modern separation and structural methods for genomics, proteomics and metabolomics, and the usage of biomolecules as analytical principles.
Graduates are able to use the entire range of laboratory methods in bio-chemical experiments on a cell and sub-cell level, and master a number of techniques for instrumental analyses of biochemical samples. This study programme is a follow-up to the fundamentals learnt during the Bachelor's study of biochemistry, completed with university qualifications in various selective and elective courses that students choose according to their future specialization. They are prepared to solve independently special biochemical problems, and on the basis of their research they can publish some work and present their results in oral or written way.
A successful graduate is able to
- design and carry out experiments in their specializations - Clinical Biochemistry and Analytical Biochemistry
- apply modern separation and structural methods in genomics, proteomics and metabolomics
- use biomolecules as analytical systems
- apply their advanced statistical skills for the evaluation of performed experiments
- elaborate the results of their experiments in the form of professional publications – protocols, theses, articles, etc
- apply their language skills, especially of the English language, to the study of literature and the result evaluation to the above mentioned forms
Graduates are prepared to work in biochemistry, pharmaceutical, veterinary and health research, oriented to basic or applied research, and in biotechnology industry. Apart from that they can easily adapt to some other branches, like clinical biochemistry and molecular biology in the private sector or state management. They will be qualified for leadership positions in scientific research and development in biochemical laboratories at a broad range of institutions specializing in human or veterinary medicine, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, and biotechnology. The professional specialization of the majority of graduates is also compatible with further work in the field of environmental protection and with environmental movements and initiatives. A consecutive PhD study allows them to find perspective jobs home or abroad.
|Faculty||Faculty of Science|
|Type of study||follow-up master's|
|Standard length of studies||2 years|
|Language of instruction||czech, english|
Field combinations with Analytical Biochemistry
This field of study is only offered in single-subject study mode
Written test on the level of bachelor exam. (only in Czech)
As seen on bachelor exam.
Result of entrance test.