By completing the study programme, students earn the qualification to work as specialized nutritional therapists in adult and child nutrition. During their studies, they obtain the necessary theoretical knowledge, practical and teamwork skills, and the ability to make independent decisions within the scope of practice set by the applicable legislation (Act no. 31/2010 Coll.) for child and adult nutrition.
The programme is grounded in interdisciplinary and systemic approach, professional communication, and preventive as well as therapeutic interventions.
The study programme allows students to obtain specialized professional competence as ‘clinical practice mentors in nutritional therapy’ in the areas of qualification training, specialized training of non-physician healthcare professionals, and onboarding of new employees in nutrition therapy.
A successful graduate is able to
- Develop information materials for patients.
- Educate patients (or other persons that patients want to be informed) about special diets.
- Monitor and assess the patient’s condition with regard to possible complications and emergencies.
- Instruct other healthcare professionals in his/her area of specialization.
- Evaluate the quality of provided care.
- Identify activities that require a change in procedure, conduct research to find the causes of deficiencies in provided care, and create favourable conditions to apply the research findings in clinical practice at his/her workplace and elsewhere.
- Provide specialization education in their own field of specialization.
- Provide guidance (mentoring) to students during practical training, to participants of specialization courses, and to new employees in nutrition therapy during onboarding.
Graduates can work in hospitals and other healthcare facilities as well as in other sectors (healthcare institutions specializing in medical nutrition therapy, providing expert advice in the catering industry, professional consulting services in food and meal production); in nutritional counselling and specialized counselling (such as diabetic clinics, obesity clinics, healthy lifestyle clinics, etc.) for both children and adults; the National Institute of Public Health; food, water, and product safety authorities; spas; social care institutions, and hospices.
This practically oriented Master’s study programme allows students to acquire qualification for working in both state and private healthcare institutions in accordance with Act no. 96/2004 Coll.
Unfortunately no information about admission requirements is available.
Field combinations with Nutrition therapist for child nutrition and Nutrition therapist for adult nutrition
This field of study is only offered in single-subject study mode
Study field data
|Faculty||Faculty of Medicine|
|Type of study|
|Standard length of studies||2 years|
|Language of instruction||Czech|