The objective of study programme Public Administration is to provide a specialized professional education for workers (and alternatively for elected functionaries) of all areas and levels of public administration where the legal knowledge and skills are necessary during the exercise of public administration. The field of study Public Administration is suitable particularly for the graduates of the Bachelor's study programmes in the area of general public administration, as well as aimed at various areas or specializations related to the exercise of public administration. The study programme provides a systematic general overview of Czech and European public administration and its legal regulation, values, principles and trends of modern public administration and as well as the deep knowledge from disciplines embodying the legal basis of the exercise of public administration - it means particularly Administrative Law and Financial Law, thus in their substantive-law and procedural-law parts, placed in the thorough knowledge framework of jurisprudence, Constitutional Law, European Law, Civil Law Procedural. The stated knowledge is supplemented by the knowledge from courses specialized directly for the exercise of public administration - Environmental Law, Social Security Law, Financial Administration and Administrative Science. The necessary knowledge from further basic legal dosciplines to the extent required for the exercise of public administration will be provided - Commercial Law and Criminal Law. Education is supplemented by further necessary knowledge for operating in public administration with legal specialization as management of public administration and information technologies. An integral part of it is also education in language competences.
A successful graduate is able to
- be highly knowledgeable in organizational and functional level of public administration, thus Czech and European;
- be highly knowledgeable in bases of legal regulation concerning the organization and activity of public administration;
- look up the relevant judicature related to questions solved during the exercise of public administration;
- realize, alternatively to manage the application (decision, control, oversight, sanction) processes in conditions and environment of public administration (state administration and self-administration);
- participate in legislative (regulatory) activity associated with the exercise of public administration;
- perceive and apply the European and international aspects, links and actual trends of present public administration;
The graduate of the follow-up Master's degree programme Public Administration can use the acquired knowledge and skills particularly in authorities and institutions of public administration, thus at all levels of the state administration, in the whole area of self-administration, further in organizations based and established by the stated entities operating in public sector, further in bodies of professional (interest) or higher education self-administration. The student can find an opportunity to work in European institutions as well. There is an assumption for the graduates to find a work as an officer, chief officer and also in leading and managerial positions.
Unfortunately no information about admission requirements is available.
Field combinations with Public Administration
This field of study is only offered in single-subject study mode
Study field data
|Faculty||Faculty of Law|
|Type of study|
|Standard length of studies||2 years|
|Language of instruction||Czech|