The Rector issued an extraordinary measure. Contact lessons are canceled by April 13
15.00: Following the special measures of the Ministry of Health of the Czech Republic related to the spread of the disease COVID-19, the Rector Martin Bareš decided from 11 March 2020 to 13 April 2020 on the following extraordinary measures:
- All forms of contact teaching and other contact learning activities are cancelled (lectures, seminars, exercises, group consultations, etc.). This limitation does not apply to distance learning, e-learning, deadlines for submission of theses and other study achievements.
- Organizing mass events of MU and academic ceremonies regardless of the number of participants is forbidden.
- Sending MU employees on business trips abroad is forbidden.
- Sending students for placement abroad is forbidden.
- Visits of foreigners at MU are forbidden.
The MU Crisis Board is responsible for interpreting this decisions. The next meeting of MU Crisis Board would take place on March 16 at 10 am, or earlier if necessary.
Most of EU foreigners may enter the country without any restriction
From this week, most of EU foreigners may enter the Czech Republic without any restrictions. Negative test for coronavirus or compulsory quarantine is required for foreigners coming from Sweden, Portugal, Belgium, UK and Silesian Voivodeship in Poland.
Foreigners from EU can enter Czech Republic under updated rules
There are updated rules of entering the Czech Republic.
Information on issuing visas and residence permits
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic has started to issue visas and residence permits for international students and employees of Masaryk University. Please see more information at the website of the ministry.
All MUNI canteens will reopen from Monday 25 May
From Monday, 25 May, all MU catering services will reopen. There will be also a new offer of meals on the menu, but it is still necessary to order meals in the reservation system in advance. New: meals can now be ordered 14 days in advance. The ordering obligation does not apply to weekly menu.