MgA. Stamatia Noutsou, M.A.
- MgA. Stamatia Noutsou
- MgA. Stamatia Noutsou, born 26 April 1980 in Thessaloniki, Greece.
- Masaryk University Faculty of Arts Department for the Study of Religions Arna Nováka 1 602 00 Brno Czech Republic
- Function, current position
- PhD student
- Education and academic qualifications
- 2009: Master of Arts in History of the Middle Ages (Saxo Institute, University of Copenhagen, Denmark), thesis “The Apostolic Movements and the Catholic Church” dealt with the heretical movements of the 12th century and the origins of the Franciscan order.
- 2002: BA in History from the Department of the History and Archaeology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
- Professional experience
- 2012 Liaison Officer of the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- 2011- present Freelance translator. Translation of economic and legal texts
- 2006- 2011 Translator/Assistant Secretary at the Greek Embassy in Copenhagen.
- 2002 Private tutor teaching history, modern and ancient Greek language.
- 2001- 2002 Researcher at the Historical Archive of the Hellenism of Asia Minor, participating in qualitative research about the Hellenism of Asia Minor, drafting reports, assisting in the organizing of the library and archive. 2000 Library´s assistant, assisting in organizing of the library and the historical archive of the Department of History and Archaeology of Aristotle University of Greece.
- Research activities
- - Congresses and conferences: 2013, 1-4 July: International Medieval Congress 2013: Pleasure, Leeds (UK), Institute for Medieval Studies. Paper “Geoffrey of Auxerre’s Anti-Heretical Discourse from a Social Scientific Perspective: Some Preliminary Results”.
- - Seminars: 2005: Seminar in Latin Paleography at the Saxo Institute, Department for Greek and Latin, University of Copenhagen(participation).
- Professional stays abroad
- 2001: Exchange student with the Erasmus program of European student mobility at the History department, Copenhagen University, Denmark.
- Most significant professional accomplishments
- - Award from the Hellenic National Foundation of Scholarships for excellent performance in University admission examinations.
- - Scholarship from the Erasmus program of European student mobility for a semester abroad.
- - Scholarship from the Sirius Danish-Greek Bilateral program for Masters students in Denmark.
- Major publications
- NOUTSOU, Stamatia. Regere animas : Bernard of Clairvaux's ways of handling heresy as a technology of power. Religio: revue pro religionistiku, Česká společnost pro religionistiku, 2019, roč. 27, č. 1, s. 43-67. ISSN 1210-3640. URL info
- NOUTSOU, Stamatia. The Creation of Heretical Identity through Biblical Exegesis in Geoffrey of Auxerre’s Commentary on the Apocalypse. In International Medieval Congress 2017, Leeds, 3-6 July 2017. 2017. info
- NOUTSOU, Stamatia. Violence and the Construction of the Heretical Identity in the Cistercian Anti-Heretical Discourse. In 50th International Congress for Medieval Studies. 2015. URL info
- NOUTSOU, Stamatia. The Legitimization of Violence in Christian discourses:The Case of Cistercian Anti-Heretical Writing in the Period Before the Inquisition. In "Religion and Pluralities of Knowledge", Joint conference of the Dutch Association for the Study of Religion (NGG) and the European Association for the Study of Religions (EASR). 2014. URL info
- NOUTSOU, Stamatia. Legitimizing Violence in Cistercian Anti-Heretical Discourses, 1140-1209: Tendencies and Nuances. In International Medieval Conference (IMC) 2014. 2014. URL info
- NOUTSOU, Stamatia. Foucault and the understanding of medieval anti-heretical fever: The case of Cistercian anti- heretical writing in the period before the Inquisition. In Michel Foucault et les Religions. 2014. URL info
- NOUTSOU, Stamatia. The Cistercians and the anti-heretical struggle in the period before the inquisition: some preliminary results. In Foredrag for Middelaldercirklen ved Koebenhavns Universitet. 2013. info
- NOUTSOU, Stamatia. Foucault and the understanding the Cistercian anti-heretical fever: some preliminary results. In Perspektiver paa Foucault. 2013. info
- NOUTSOU, Stamatia. Geoffrey of Auxerre’s Anti-Heretical Discourse from a Social Scientific Perspective: Some Preliminary Results. In International Medieval Congress. 2013. info