doc. Mgr. Petr Květina, Ph.D.
- Person-Related Identification Information
- Petr Květina Date of Birth: April 19, 1976 Place of Birth: Hradec Králové, Czechoslovakia Address: Institute of Archaeology of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Praha, v.v.i., Letenská 4, Praha 1, 118 01, Czech Republic Marital status: married, two children
- Institute of Archaeology of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Praha, v.v.i., Department of Prehistory
- Employment - Position
- deputy director and head of the Department of Prehistory
- Education and Academic Qualifications
- 2017: Docent (Associate Professor) in archaeologcy, Faculty of Arts, Charles University, Praha, Czech Republic 2001 - 2006: PhD in archaeology, Faculty of Arts, Charles University, Praha, Czech Republic 1994 - 2000: MA in archaeology, Faculty of Arts, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
- 2000 - present: Institute of Archaeology of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Praha, v.v.i., Department of Prehistory (head of the department since 2008), deputy director since 2017. 1997 - 2000: Museum of Eastern Bohemia in Hradec Králové, Archaeological Department.
- Teaching Activities
- since 2003: Introduction to Ethnoarchaeology. Semestral course. 2005 - 2013: Computer support in archaeology. Two semestres course.
- Scientific and Research Activities
- Scientific project (last 5 years) 2018 – 2020: “International exchange of methodological experience in the study on the impact of emergencies on the migration and economic strategies of the past human populations.” Project Id: CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/16_027/0008494. Position: principal investigator. 2014 - 2016: “Variability of Neolithic pottery technology as a marker of social identity“ Provider: Czech Science Foundation. Project Id: 14-07062S. Position: principal investigator 2012 - 2015: “Archaeological 3D virtual museum New technologies in documentation and presentation of Neolithic settlement“. Provider: Ministry of culture of the Czech Republic. No.DF12P01OVV032. Position: principal investigator
- 2003 - Römisch-Germanische Kommission Bibliothek in Frankfurt am Mainz 2002 - University of Texas, Austin
- Awards Related to Science and Research
- 2016: my project “Archaeological 3D virtual museum” won second place in the annual competition SCIAP (SCIence APproach).