How to Start Your Term Effectively
11. – 12. září 2019
- CJV MU (Komenského nám. 2)
Academics need to be aware of what is expected of them when starting a new course and it is their role to be able to introduce their courses to students explicitly and effectively. This seminar gives participants an opportunity to develop an understanding of ways to introduce different types of courses and practice such introductions.
The overall aims of the course are to help participants develop:
- effective structures of introductions to academic courses,
- an awareness of types of information students are expected to receive at course first sessions
- the skills and tools needed to develop or adapt course-specific styles and tones that can influence course dynamics and student behaviour
- new vocabulary
Abraham Brown is from New York City, but for the past 6 years, he had been teaching English and translation in a variety of universities in Germany. Prior to that, Abraham completed an MA in Teacher of English to Students of Other Languages (TESOL) at New York University while simultaneously teaching within the New York City public schools. He largely focused on academic English and scientific writing, but he also has experience in general and business English. He will begin studying dentistry at the faculty of medicine this academic year (2019).
When: Wednesday 11th and Thursday 12th September 2019
- 9:00-13:30, two 90 min sessions and one 45 min session every day
Contact person: Marta Rybičková (firstname.lastname@example.org)
ZDARMA, REGISTRUJTE SE PROSÍM PŘEDEM
Nyní se již nelze přihlásit. Přihlášení bylo možné do 11. září 2019.
Centrum jazykového vzdělávání
- Další informace, fotografie nebo videa k události