Post-Doc Researcher in Economics - area of financial econometrics, econophysics, artificial intelligence in finance or network analysis in finance
Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for
POSTDOC POSITION in the area of financial econometrics, econophysics, artificial intelligence in finance or network analysis in finance
The Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Administration at the Masaryk University in Brno is seeking to appoint a Post-Doc Researcher in Finance – area of financial econometrics, econophysics, artificial intelligence in finance or network analysis in finance. Potential candidates should have a background in both fundamental and applied research on risk analysis, financial market development, investment decisions, and financial fragility from the perspective of complex science. The successful candidate is expected to work closely with the existing research teams at the Faculty and participate in the seminars and conferences organised at the Faculty. The main responsibilities of the post-doc researcher will include actively engaging in academic research for publication in top-tier academic journals, participating in the Institute ongoing projects, and applying for new funding (Czech Science Foundation, Marie Skłodowska Curie individual fellowship, MU internal grants, etc.).
The Institute of Financial Complex Systems is a newly established research facility developing a multidisciplinary pole of expertise focused on the following topics: volatility-forecasting, examination of financial market linkages using network approach, profitability and risk analysis of P2P loans, network-based portfolio optimization, analysis of model risk in market and credit risk modelling. The Institute also provides a training program on the analysis of credit, market and operational risks in FinTech applications for the employees of the Czech National Bank. Results of our research are published in the Journal of Corporate Finance, North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Journal of International Financial Markets etc.
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent within the last 7 years
- be a researcher who has worked at least two whole years in the last three outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been PhD student (or equivalent) abroad
- have a publishing record – in the last three years at least two publication outputs registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases and at the same time publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews”.
Specific criteria can be filled, i.e.:
- have a background in the area of finance, financial econometrics, econophysics or artificial intelligence in finance
- have experience with research projects (an advantage)
- have excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate with multiple teams
The application should include:
- a CV including a summary of education and research experience, publication activity, involvement in research grants, etc.
- a scanned copy of the PhD diploma or an official letter certifying submission of a doctoral thesis for thesis defense and the planned defense date (before start date it is necessary to complete PhD level)
- a motivation letter
- at least two reference letters
MU offers the opportunity to get:
- an interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- diverse and challenging work in an excellent research environment
- tenure track with an initial appointment for 2 years
- a professional team and pleasant working conditions
- interaction with leading scientists in an inspiring, internationalised environment
- a welcoming service for the successful candidate and his/her family
Anticipated start date: The position is available from 01.09.2020.
The submission deadline is 29 February 2020.
Enquiries related to the research in the area of financial econometrics, econophysics, artificial intelligence in finance or network analysis in finance at the Faculty (or other informal enquiries) can be sent to Oleg.Deev@econ.muni.cz .
E-Application with attached documentation should be sent on-line from the MU webpage https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/52211.
A review of applications will commence immediately after the deadline. Short-listed candidates will be invited for interview within one month of the deadline.
Further information about:
- Postdoc@MUNI is available at http://postdoc.muni.cz
- Masaryk University is available at https://www.muni.cz/en
- Brno is available at https://www.gotobrno.cz/en/
Pošleme vám odkaz na elektronickou přihlášku