POSTDOC - Subcellular Trafficking in Plant Survival
CEITEC is a scientific centre in the fields of life sciences, advanced materials and technologies whose aim is to establish itself as a recognized centre for basic as well as applied research. CEITEC offers a state-of-the-art infrastructure and great conditions to employ excellent researchers.
Our institute values diversity and promotes an inclusive working environment with the aim to support the best scientists. CEITEC MU is a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission. (http://muni.ceitec.cz/en/hr-strategy-hrs4r/)
A postdoc position is available in Nodzyński lab (CEITEC, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic) to participate in research focused on the role of subcellular trafficking machinery in plant survival and adaptation to stress conditions. We are seeking a person with expertise in cell and molecular biology, skilled in confocal microscopy and work with plants. Research will be conducted at CEITEC located in the life science campus of Masaryk University (Brno, Bohunice, https://www.ceitec.eu/).
- PhD in molecular biology/biochemistry or cell biology received within the last 7 years.
- Work at least two whole years in the last three outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has finished PhD (or equivalent) abroad
- Practical knowledge in cellular imaging, confocal microscopy and molecular cloning
- Some years of experience in working with plans, plant in vitro cultures and phenotyping
- Knowledge of plant stress response and adaptation will be regarded as an advantage of the candidate
- Publishing record – in the last three years at least two publication outputs registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases and at the same time publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews”. The applicant must be the principal author of at least one publication demonstrating creativity and scientific quality.
- Good English language – spoken and written
Desirable but not required:
- Motivated person with collaborative mind set.
- Willingness to engage in the life of academic community
- Interesting position in a dynamically expanding research institute.
- An attractive salary and benefits package.
- Background of a recognized and successful institution with supportive and international working environment.
- Environment promoting interdisciplinarity and intersectorality of research.
- In house core facilities.
- Support of administrative departments (including grant office service).
- Support with the relocation process (welcome office service).
- 6 weeks of paid holiday.
Anticipated start date: Negotiable
The application should include:
- a CV including a summary of education and research experience, publication activity, involvement in research grants, etc.
- a scanned copy of the PhD diploma or an official letter certifying submission of a doctoral thesis for thesis defence and the planned defence date
- a motivation letter
at least two reference letters
Applications should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the “Postdoc - subcellular trafficking in plant survival” in the subject.
Electronic application deadline is: 29th February, 2020
Information about Brno, Czech Republic
- The capital of South Moravian Region and the second largest city in the Czech Republic with a population of almost 400,000 people
- Modern, dynamic and fast growing centre of industry, trade, science, research and innovation with business incubators and centres of excellence in science
- A city of universities with more than 86,000 students
- More than 10,000 researchers; 2,200 IF publications/year; 600+ PhD graduates/year,
- 500 mil. EUR of R&D investment per year, more than 350 companies with in-house R&D,
- City of Gregor Mendel, the founder of genetics; the prestigious Mendel Lectures series takes place in Brno since 2003 (lectures of the world´s top scientists, including Nobel Prize winners),
- Quality of life index in 2016
For further information about:
- CEITEC, please visit www.ceitec.eu
- CEITEC Welcome Office, please visit https://www.ceitec.eu/welcome-office/t9794
- Masaryk University, please visit www.muni.cz
- Brno, please visit http://www2.brno.cz/index.php?lan=en&nav01=20608&nav02=20617