Postdoctoral Position in Multiomics data integration
- RECETOX – Přírodovědecká fakulta
- Termín přihlášek
- 31. 10. 2021
- upon agreement
- Typ úvazku
- Obor činnosti
- Věda a výzkum
The Bursar of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the
Postdoctoral Position in Multiomics data integration
Workplace: RECETOX, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Working Hours: full time, 40 hours per week
Expected Start Date: as soon as possible, or negotiable with respect to immigration timelines for non-EU candidates
Number of Open Positions: 1
Application Deadline: 31. 10. 2021, or until the position is filled
EU Researcher Profile: R2
RECETOX focuses on interdisciplinary research and education in the area of Environment & Health, studying toxic compounds and their behavior, transport & bioaccumulation to evaluate environmental effects, assess the exposure and health risks to humans, and develop technologies and biotechnologies to break them down. https://www.recetox.muni.cz/en
Research topic and job description
For our Integrative bioinformatics and biostatistics group at RECETOX we are looking for a bioinformatician with experience in the analysis of various NGS data from pre-processing to statistical analysis and data mining.
Our group comprises statisticians, mathematical biologists, bioinformaticians, computer scientists with expertise in machine learning and image analysis, microbiologists and molecular biologists. Two data analytical infrastructures are available within the group: Biostatistics and data analysis and Sequence data processing and analysis.
Within RECETOX MU, we closely collaborate with Microbiome analysis laboratory (https://www.recetox.muni.cz/en/services/recetox-central-laboratories/) and within MU with CEITEC and its sequencing facilities (the Central European Institute of Technology, https://www.ceitec.eu/).
The position is open within the international collaborative H2020 project Oncobiome, with the main aim to identify multiomics signatures associated with cancer incidence and progression.
The successful candidate will lead the analysis of data from multiomics profiles spanning from targeted (16S rRNA seq) and whole-metagenomic profiles, transcriptomic profiles (RNAseq, miRNA seq), tumour cancer panel profiles (DNAseq) and metabolomic profiles in association with clinical histopathological and prognostic data of colorectal cancer patients in a multicenter study. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for writing scientific papers and co-leading PhD students involved in this project.
Inquiries about the position and research topic can be sent to Dr. Eva Budinská, firstname.lastname@example.org, the group leader and PI of the H2020 Oncobiome project.
Skills and Qualifications
Candidate should have
- M.Sc. (Eng.) and Ph.D. certification obtained within past 7 years in the area of data analysis (bioinformatics, mathematical biology or, statistics). Exceptions to the M.Sc. (Eng.) degree in these areas only for candidates with substantial expertise.;
- Strong background in NGS bioinformatics, data mining and applied statistics;
- Good command of Linux (including shell programming) and R language
- Ability to conceive a long-term research plan, prioritize tasks, delegate and supervise the work in order to successfully implement it;
- Enthusiasm and eagerness to gain insight into the research topic;
- Experience and high motivation to present and publish scientific results;
- Very good written, oral, and interpersonal English communication and teamwork skills;
- Experience in the analysis of cancer data is an advantage.
- Vibrant working environment and access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Possibility to participate in teaching and leading bachelor and master students within the field of Mathematical biology and bioinformatics
- Opportunity to work on challenging scientific projects related to cancer
- The dynamic group surrounded by an international team of experts
- Involvement in national and international projects
- Employee benefits: 6 weeks of paid leave per year, health insurance, pension insurance contribution, meal vouchers, discounted language courses, etc.
- Support with your relocation
- Brno provides a high quality of life; it is a university city with lots of cultures and very family-friendly https://brnoregion.com/work
- We offer an initial appointment for one year with possible extension upon mutual satisfaction.
Applicants should provide the following information in English
- CV (European standard recommended)
- Summary of publications and research outputs
- A statement of research interests
- Names and contact details of at least 3 professional referees
- Ph.D. certification
A review of applications will run continuously as they are received and until the position is filled. The short-listed applicants complying with the requirements will be invited for personal or MS Teams interviews.
The application shall be submitted online via an e-application (Please, use the link in the e-Application section below). After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz.
Contact: email@example.com, Barbora Chlubná.
Applications which are not submitted in English language will not be included in the selection process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Received applications will be considered carefully in line with the principles of the EU Charter and Code for Researchers. Selection criteria: (i) meeting qualification requirements described above, (ii) all required documents provided. The Faculty Recruitment Policy (OTM-R) can be seen here.
Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Masaryk University is the second-largest university in the Czech Republic with nine faculties, more than 5000 staff, and more than 30 000 students. As a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing, our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education.
Faculty of Science MU, a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission, is a research-oriented faculty, offering university education (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs) closely linked to both primary and applied research and high school teaching of the following sciences: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit of Masaryk University, generating around 40 % of MU research results.
Brno, the capital of the South Moravian Region, situated approximately halfway between Prague and Vienna, it is the largest university town in the Czech Republic and a modern metropolis with a long history and culture. Recognizing the university’s significant role in making Brno one of the most innovative cities in the CEE region, it continuously supports, together with the South Moravian Region, the local scientific, start-up, and high-tech communities.
Pošleme vám odkaz na elektronickou přihlášku