Visa requirements

Students from EU countries

If you come from an EU member country (or Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein or Switzerland), you are exempt from student visa requirements. You are not required to have any additional medical insurance, but we highly recommend arranging one.

Students from countries outside the EU

If you wish to enrol at Masaryk University, you must apply for a long-term visa (recommended) or residence permit for the purpose of studies. You have to file your application at the Embassy or Consulate General of the Czech Republic abroad, usually in your country of citizenship. Applications cannot be filed in the Czech Republic.

Please be advised that the application process for a long-term visa or residence permit for the purpose of studies can take up to 60 days.

Visa application requirements

Full details at the Czech Ministry of Interior website

Medical insurance

Unless exempt due to citizenship or special circumstances (see if you are exempt), you must provide proof that you hold Czech medical insurance before the visa/residence permit is affixed to your travel document. The insurance must cover the entire period of your stay in the Czech Republic determined in accordance with the period your permit has been issued for. Companies that provide adequate medical insurance in the Czech Republic include MaximaPVZPUNIQAErgoSlavia and others.​

More about medical insurance

You are running an old browser version. We recommend updating your browser to its latest version.

More info