Tuition fees and financial aid
A university degree is one of the most valuable investments you can make on your way to a promising career and future. Masaryk University provides excellent education in the form of Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD programmes taught both in English and in Czech.
Tuition fees for degree programmes taught in English
Tuition fees are paid per academic year and vary depending on the faculty and the degree programme.
|Faculty of Medicine||300,000 CZK (General Medicine)
340,000 CZK (Dentistry)
Tuition fees at the Faculty of Medicine are paid in CZK. Prices in EUR may differ slightly depending on the current exchange rate.
|Faculty of Science||3,000 EUR|
|Faculty of Arts||2,500 EUR|
|Faculty of Education||2,000 EUR|
|Faculty of Pharmacy
|Faculty of Economics and Administration||3,500 EUR|
|Faculty of Informatics||3,000 EUR|
|Faculty of Social Studies||2,200 EUR (Bachelor’s programmes)
3,000 EUR (follow-up Master's programmes)
Programmes taught in Czech
Whereas students in programmes taught in English are charged very affordable fees, programmes taught in Czech are completely tuition free, but a serious working knowledge of Czech is required.
If you are interested in studying in Czech or would like to improve your command of the language, you might consider registering in a preliminary language course one year prior to your enrolment at Masaryk University. This intensive course will help you prepare for studying one of the 300 fields of study taught in Czech.
Masaryk University opened in 2021 the new scholarship program providing the financial support of 100,000 CZK (circa € 3,800) to students enrolled in full-time English taught programs from developing countries or countries that are undergoing economic transformation. The new scholarship fund is designed to help the students of a very good academic performance to cover their first year of studies at Masaryk University. Please find more details about the scholarship programme here.
2. Grant in support of accommodation
Masaryk University provides a financial grant to help students offset their accommodation costs. It is awarded each semester to students who meet all the required criteria.
Read through the criteria below to see if you qualify:
- You are enrolled in a full-time degree programme
- You are enrolled in a degree programme which is your first degree programme at any university in the Czech Republic with the exception of being enrolled in your first follow-up Master’s degree programme (relevant to graduates of Bachelor’s degree programmes) or your first doctoral degree programme (relevant to graduates of Master’s degree programmes); furthermore, studies in degree programmes which you may have enrolled in and completed between May 1 and October 30 of one calendar year are not taken into account.
- You have not exceeded the standard length of studies in any of the degree programmes in which you are concurrently enrolled.
- You do not have a permanent address within the Statutory City of Brno (Brno City district).
If you fulfil all the above criteria, you can submit an application electronically through our Information System any time in November for the fall semester and in April for the spring semester.
For more information, please contact the Office for International Relations at your faculty.
3. Scholarships provided by individual faculties
Apart from the Accommodation grant provided by Masaryk University, you can apply for other financial aid organised specifically by your faculty.
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Social Studies
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Faculty of Informatics
4. Government scholarship
The Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport of the Czech Republic annually offers scholarships designed for university students or graduates and Ph.D. candidates from other countries who wish to accomplish a study or research stay at one of the higher education institutions in the Czech Republic.
For more information about the scholarship, please visit the Ministry website.
5. Federal student aid for students from the USA
Masaryk University is eligible to certify loan applications for the Federal Direct Student Loan Program and is open to accept US students.
In the Master´s Degree Programmes of Sociology (Cultural Sociology, International Joint Master’s Degree in Cultural Sociology, Sociology), European Politics, European Governance and Energy Security Studies students can apply for a Federal Direct Student Loan. For more information please visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/ and www.cic.muni.cz/federal-student-aid.
8. Scholarships within international mobility programmes
If you are an Exchange student and plan on staying at Masaryk University for just a short period, you might be able to qualify for the financial support provided by a specific exchange programme. To see the whole selection, please visit our Centre for International Office website.