International Staff Office (ISO)
Internationalisation is an important aspect of the Masaryk University’s policy and mission. The number of international employees has been constantly increasing and currently there are over 50 different nationalities represented at the university.
Being a foreigner, you can face a number of obstacles and challenges before arrival and during your stay in the Czech Republic. That is why the Masaryk University was the first university in the country to establish an International Staff Office in 2017.
The ISO is a university-wide contact and advisory centre which assists all international employees who are participating in long-term placements (over 3 months in duration). The centre is able to help and advise all employees and their family members, with a range of related issues.
! International students, interns and short-term visiting academics/researchers, should refer to their faculties/institutes or departments.
The centre aims to expedite the integration process and thus help to ease employees into their professional activities as quickly as possible. Support and advisory services are provided both before and during their stay at the Masaryk University.
The International Staff Office (ISO) and the HR department of your faculty or institute will help you complete entry formalities and sort out practical issues associated with your stay.
- Current job offer
- Travel health insurance
- How to get to Brno
- Pre-school and school facilities
- Visit your new workplace
- Welcome Meeting
- Bank account in CZK
- Czech language for foreigners
- Schooling and education
- Medical services
During your time at MU
- The ISO will regularly send you important information – information on changes and amendments to laws relevant to the stay of foreigners, language courses, key deadlines (waste collection fee payment, dog fee payment), bonuses (cultural events), etc.
- Making changes
- Registering a car
- Waste Collection Fee
Once you decide to terminate your job at MU, you need to take care of a few matters:
- Inform the HR department – the HR department will take care of all MU-related matters, cancel you health and social insurance and collect your employee card. They will also provide you with health, social and pension insurance and tax payment certificates.
- Return any entrusted equipment – keys, borrowed books, assigned items (laptop, mobile phone).
- Practical issues
International Employee Guide
If you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the ISO office.
We wish you a great stay in Brno!