Mailroom operation and document submission conditions at MU
Masaryk University, Žerotínovo nám. 9, Brno 601 77
Open: Monday – Friday: 8 AM – 2:30 PM
All personal correspondence and postal submissions are accepted at the above address. In case a document submitted in paper form is either incomplete or damaged (e.g. missing or illegible text) and in case it is impossible to determine the identity of the sender, the document will not be processed by Masaryk University.
Address for personal and postal data message delivery using data storage media:
Masaryk University, Žerotínovo nám. 9, Brno 601 77.
Digital mailroom address: info@municz
Data box ID: 9tmj9e4
Data messages (i.e. submissions in digital form) may be transmitted to MU in the following ways:
- using the data box information system (Masaryk University has not activated the so-called private communication mode, which means that the usage of data box services to transmit information to Masaryk University is currently reserved for public authorities.)
- sending an e-mail to the digital mailroom,
- using a data storage medium.
Guidelines for submitting a data storage medium:
- Acceptable data storage media include CDs, DVDs and USB flash drives.
- A submitted data storage medium will only be returned if so explicitly requested on submission to the mailroom.
Accepted data message formats:
Static text documents and static combined text and image documents:
- PDF, version 1.7 and higher
- PDF/A, ISO 19005,
- DOC, Microsoft Word document, version 6.0 and higher
- DOCX, Microsoft Word document, version 6.0 and higher
- ZFO (designated for technological data box processing)
Static image files:
- PNG, ISO/IEC 15948,
- TIF/TIFF, Revision 6 – uncompressed
- JPG/JPEG/JFIF, ISO/IEC 10918.
Dynamic image files:
- MPEG-2, ISO/IEC 13818,
- MPEG-1, ISO/IEC 11172,
- MPEG-1 Audio Layer II or MPEG-2 Audio Layer II (MP2),
- MPEG-1 Audio Layer III or MPEG-2 Audio Layer III (MP3),
- WAV, PCM.
- XML, where part of the delivered document data in XML format is a description of its structure using the XML schema or Document Type Definition (DTD)
Data message delivery guidelines
In case one submission includes several electronic documents, it must be clearly indicated which of these documents is the submission itself and which documents form electronic attachments to this submission.
Data message safety
In case the data message cannot be displayed (i.e. is unreadable) and/or contains an erroneous data format or a computer programme potentially capable of causing damage to the information system or information processed by a public authority, the data message is not accepted and the sender, if known, is informed of this fact.
Data message delivery confirmation
A delivery confirmation does not constitute proof of submission requirement fulfilment in accordance with additional legislation. In case the data message does not conform to the above listed requirements or in case it exhibits additional problems, the sender will be asked to resolve such issues within a reasonable period of time.
The maximum accepted size of a data message is 10 MB.