Doctoral degree inor form. The language of instruction is English.
The programme can be studied only as a single subject. Tuition fee isper academic year.
The objective of the study programme is to provide scholars, researchers, stakeholders, curriculum developers and motivated educators with high quality scientific training. Research can be conducted in the following areas:
- content and aims of geography curriculum, exploration of its intended, realized and achieved forms;
- principles, trends, actors, factors, processes and outcomes of geography education in broader socio-cultural contexts;
- education and professionalization of geography educators at all levels and types of schools and other educational institutions.
“Geography education for a better world.”
As part of their studies, PhD students participate in the practical training of students of bachelor and master study programmes (seminars, bachelor and master theses supervision) and other professional activities. It is not an exception that students of doctoral studies work as geography teachers or educators directly in practice at different levels and types of schools and out-of-school facilities. An indispensable part of dissertation theses is also the determination of implications or recommendations for practice resulting from the results of dissertation research.
Graduates can find their occupation as:
- expert teachers at all levels and types of schools and other educational institutions;
- researchers at universities, educational research institutes and other national and international research institutions;
- university educators – educators of geography teachers;
- quality consultants in geography education;
- developers and evaluators of both formal and informal curricula, textbooks, atlases and other learning materials;
- developers of the conceptual frameworks in the field of geography education.
The admission to the doctoral study program is conditional on the regular completion of the study in the master's study program of an equal or related field. Conditions for admission:
- Submission of the application form and supplementary materials to the application form from 1st January to 30th April.
- Payment of the fee for the admission procedure 600 CZK. The fee is not refundable.
|Provided by||Faculty of Education|
|Type of studies|
|Standard length of studies||4 years|
|Language of instruction||English|
|Doctoral board and doctoral committees|
The studies are subject to tuition, fees are paid per academic year
Find out more