Bachelor's degree inor form. The language of instruction is Czech.
The programme can be studied as a single subject or in combination with another programme.
Submission deadline until midnight 29 February 2024.
The degree programme Social Education and Leisure Time prepares a personally developed and trained educator, who will rank with their knowledge, skills and personal qualities as a professional in pedagogical and helping professions working in a care system aimed at children, the youth, adults, elderly and other target groups with specific needs..
This wide range profile is based on specific subjects (disciplines), which by their content, objectives and methods cover not only knowledge-based fields (historical facts and contexts, knowledge of theories and concepts, methodology, etc.) but also lead to development of their own experience and practical skills.
“Energy, movement, sense, cooperatio, journey”
Special emphasis is put on development of theoretical knowledge but also on learning by experience, personal development and on confrontation of theoretical knowledge and students' own and mediated practical experience, gained from simulated situations (games, development activities) and real pedagogical situations (pedagogical and social teaching practice, own research, etc.).
The total share of practice in the study program is 10%. This concept guarantees students flexibility in meeting the requirements of practice. It is grouped primarily into the following 4 subjects:
- 1st semester: Excursion to professional facilities (mandatory for major, minor and single major) – (14h)
- 3rd semester: Continuous free-time internship (compulsory for major and minor) – (10 days)
- 4th semester: Social internship (mandatory for one major) – (10 days)
- 5th semester: Selection practice (mandatory for one major) – (4 weeks)
In the study program, practice is also linked to other sub-subjects (Social pedagogy in theory and practice, sociological and psychological aspects of social pedagogy, methods of social pedagogy, theoretical concepts of social pedagogy I / II, projecting in social pedagogy I, II.) in the form of creation and realization of specific outputs relayed within various study groups under the direct supervision of lecturers, and therefore in the environment of the so-called "safe study group", whose outputs are subsequently transferred into real practice, e.g. here, for example, a social-pedagogical project, a methodological project within the PVAC, leading a lesson in OSP3, in Game Methodology, etc. Also in specific subjects of partial profiles - drama education, social-activation, experiential pedagogy.
Further information about the programme is available on the department website:
Social education specialists could find positions in state management:
- ministry of education, youth and physical education (educator, leisure time specialist, methodologist of prevention, advisor for educational and social matters)
- in the field of justice (positions of educators in prisons)
- in the ministry of health care (educator and play therapists in hospital, crisis centres)
- in the field of ministry of social affairs (different positions in in-house treatment)
- the ministry of interior affairs (social specialists in refugee camps, humanitarian services or asylum centres)
- a wide range of job positions is also available in non-profit organizations; humanitarian and charity institutions, civil agencies, foundations, etc.
Students have a pre-defined list of required courses, which are supplemented with selective and elective courses. The student pays full attention to the single field of study chosen.
In this type of studies, the students focus on the main degree programme (120 credits) supplemented with another, minor, programme (60 credits). The student enrols in the degree programme in which he/she majors. Both the programmes are stated in the university diploma. You will find possible combinations on the websites of individual degree programmes. An exception is programmes preparing students for teaching professions, where both fields of study are equal and the thesis may be written in any of them.
An example of your study plan:
Combinations with programmes from Faculty of Arts
Combinations with programmes from Faculty of Social Studies
After finishing the Bachelor's level of studies, the student can continue in the follow-up Master’s degree programme N7501 Social Pedagogy, Field of Study Social Pedagogy and Leisure Time (full-time or combined studies)
|Faculty of Education
|Type of studies
|Standard length of studies
|Language of instruction
Do you have any questions?
Send us an e-mail
Mgr. Barbara Strobachová, Ph.D.