The Master's study program in Pharmacy is designed to meet the current level of pharmaceutical, medical and natural sciences, the needs of practice and to be a quality basis for further education (doctoral study program, specialization and lifelong learning).
It is carried out in full-time form and the standard study period is five years. The aim of education in the master's degree program in Pharmacy is to prepare graduates to practice the medical profession of pharmacist. The study ends with a state final examination, which includes the defense of a diploma thesis. The study program enables students to choose a higher degree of specialization and adaptation to individual interests by choosing compulsory and optional subjects. The content of education is governed by the requirements of EU Directive 2005/36/EC on the recognition of professional qualifications.
There are two compulsory practical trainings. One internship in a pharmacy lasts 2 weeks and is taken in 3rd year of study. Students apply theoretical knowledge gained during the previous studies in the real environment of pharmacy practice.
In the last semester of their studies, students undertake another compulsory 6-month pharmacy internship, which is integral part of study. During the practical training the student participates in the everyday work of the pharmacy, such as client service, control and evaluation as well as information about drugs, preparation of extemporaneously prepared drugs. The student is also given an insight into the co-operation between the various staff groups at the pharmacy, and into the organisation and finances pharmacy.
At least 2 weeks of above mentioned internships must be take in a pharmacy in the Czech Republic. Remaining lenght of trainings can be done anywhere in the world.
The curriculum also offers to students to select other internships in a pharmacy or in a pharmaceutical company.
General definition of the employment of graduates of the Master's study program Pharmacy:
- pharmacist in pharmacy care facilities
- clinical pharmacist in hospitals, or other medical facilities
- bioanalysts in medical laboratories
- specialist in laboratories for research, development and control of medicinal products
- specialist in pharmaceutical manufacturing and distribution companies
- academic / researcher in academia and other institutions involved in science, research, development and innovation
- specialist in health management structures
- expert / researcher in the chemical, food and cosmetic industries
- an expert / consultant in the non-profit sector involved in the protection, promotion and development of the health of individuals and specific groups of the population
An example of your study plan:
After completion of the Master's degree programme Pharmacy, the graduates are entitled to conduct an Advanced Master's State Examination (Rigorous Examination) and obtain title Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmDr.). Equally, they are eligible to apply for Doctoral studies in any field of expertise.
|Provided by||Faculty of Pharmacy|
|Type of studies|
|Standard length of studies||5 years|
|Language of instruction||
The studies are subject to tuition
Do you have any questions?
Send us an e-mail
Mgr. Tereza Jůnová