- Person-Related Identification Information
- Mgr. Zuzana Kršková, Ph.D.,
- Date of birth: 2nd March 1984
- Place of birth: Prague, Czech Republic
- Department of English Language and Literature
Faculty of Education
- Department of English Language and Literature
- Employment - Position
- Assistant professor
- Education and Academic Qualifications
- Ph.D. Literatures in English, Masaryk University (2010 - 2016)
- M.A. English Language and Literature, Masaryk University (2010)
- M.A. Teaching English Language and Literature, Masaryk University (2010)
- B.A. English Language and Literature, Masaryk University (2007)
- B.A. Cartography and Geography with a view to Education, Masaryk University (2007)
- 2014 - today: Department of English Language and Literature, Faculty of Education, Masaryk University - assistant professor
- Teaching Activities
- Instructor in Freshman English (undergraduate students), Department of English and American Studies, Masaryk University (Autumn 2010)
- Introduction to Literature (seminars) (undergraduate students), Department of English and American Studies, Masaryk University (Spring 2011, spring 2012, spring 2013)
- Contemporary British Literature (seminars) (undergraduate students), Department of English and American Studies, Masaryk University (Autumn 2011, Autumn 2012, Autumn 2013)
Practical language, Department of the English Language and Literature, Faculty of Education (Autumn 2014, Spring 2015, Autumn 2015, Spring 2016, Autumn 2016, Spring 2017)
Introduction to Literature, Department of the English Language and Literature, Faculty of Education (Autumn 2014, Autumn 2015, Autumn 2016)
Critical Reading, Department of the English Language and Literature, Faculty of Education (Autumn 2014, Autumn 2015, Autumn 2016)
Presentation skills and the basics of rhetoric for future teachers (Autumn 2015, Autumn 2016)
ONLINE_AS English Online - Speaking (Spring 2016, Spring 2017)
British Literature from 1845 to 1945 (Spring 2015, Spring 2016)
English Literature of the 19th Century (Spring 2015, Spring 2016)
- Scientific and Research Activities
- Cultural Difference and Social Solidarity - international group of scholars CDSS Record committee
- International study experience (Erasmus Mundus) – University of Bristol (January – June 2008)
- University Activities
- B.A. Thesis reader
- B.A. Thesis supervisor
- M.A. Thesis reader
- Cultural Difference and Social Solidarity Network Workshop in Brno, September 2014
- Activities Outside University
- 11th May 2011 – University of Bristol, UK, “A Self-Conscious Voice” – An Exploration of Expatriation and Literature, Paper presented : “Search for an Authentic Expression in the Expatriate Novels by Samuel Selvon.”
- July 2011 - Middle East Technical University, Northern Cyprus: Cultural Difference and Social Solidarity: Dividing and Uniting Communities Beyond Multiculturalism (4-8 July 2011) Paper presented: “Solidarity with the Community or its Degradation? – V.S. Naipaul’s The Middle Passage: The Caribbean Revisited and his Use of Victorian Authors.”
- 19th – 21st April 2012 Jagiellonian University, Kraków, Poland. PASE 2012, conference “Old Challenges, New Horizons” Paper presented: “Is Postcolonial Theory Still Relevant?”
- July 2012 - Middle East Technical University, Northern Cyprus: Cultural Difference and Social Solidarity: Building Solidarity and Protecting Difference: Meeting Central Tensions in Contemporary Societies (July 3 - 6, 2012) Paper presented: “The Social Function of Postcolonial Literature in the 1960s and Now.”
- October 2012 – University of Presov – Overcoming the Constraints of Narrative Traditions. In Language, Literature and Culture in a Changing Transatlantic World II. 2012.
- October 2012 – Masaryk University Brno – Language as a Mirror of Cultural Syncretism and Hybridity. In An International Symposium for Doctoral Students - "A Culture of Language". 2012.
- 20-23 April 2013 - Rzeszow - paper presented - Writing without Tradition?: Emergence and Development of the West Indian Literature. 2013.
- July 2013 - paper presented - Making, Re-presenting and Dissembling Differences and Identities in Contemporary Societies. In Cultural Difference and Social Solidarity: 3rd International Conference. 2013.
- September 2013 - paper presented - Naipaul’s A-political Passage – V.S. Naipaul’s The Middle Passage: The Caribbean Revisited (1962) and the difficulty of accepting both socio-political as well as aesthetic implications of the book. In MANCEPT 2013 - Workshops in Political Theory. 2013.
- 2014 August conference: 12th ESSE CONFERENCE, University in Košice, Slovakia held on Friday 29 August – Tuesday 2 September, 2014, by the Department of British and American Studies, Faculty of Arts and SKASE (The Slovak Association for the Study of English, name of the paper: “Memory of the Landscape: Resurrection of Past and Community in Works of Wilson Harris.”
- 2014 June conference: mezinárodní konference Pohled odjinud/ A View from Elsewhere, Palacký University, Olomouc, name of the paper: Writing from ‘Within’ as well as ‘Without’ Tradition
- 2014 September: A CULTURAL DIFFERENCE AND SOCIAL SOLIDARITY NETWORK WORKSHOP – CROSSING BOUNDARIES: INCLUSION, EXCLUSION, MARGINALIZATION AND THE HEGEMONIC MAKING OF SOCIETIES OF DIFFERENCE hosted by Masaryk University, held on 13th – 14th September, 2014. Name of the paper: “Wilson Harris’s Imaginative Strategies for Dissolving Boundaries.”
- 2015: Re-constructions of Difference through Redefinition of the Single-feature Identity and the Stereotypical Ascription of Value to Non-qualitative Characteristics. In New Directions in Reconciling Solidarity and Difference in Contemporary Societies: 4th International Conference of the Cultural Difference and Social Solidarity Network.