Verification of the condition for admission to study
of graduates from foreign secondary education
Applicants for study in Bachelor's and Master's degree programmes must prove they completed secondary education with a school-leaving examination. If you graduated from a secondary school abroad, the possibilities to prove your education are listed below. Choose the most suitable one and find out detailed information on the website of the faculty where you wish to study.
- I graduated from a European School
- I completed secondary education in one of the countries with the equivalence agreement
(Slovakia, Hungary, Germany, Poland, Slovenia)
- I do not fall into any of the above categories; I can submit:
1. I graduated from a European School
If you graduated from one of European Schools operating under the Convention Defining the Statute of the European Schools, you shall submit a certificate of the European Baccalaureate. This certificate is automatically considered as equal to a Czech school- leaving certificate.
2. I completed secondary education in one of the countries with the equivalence agreement (Slovakia, Hungary, Germany, Poland, Slovenia)
If you completed secondary education in Slovakia, Hungary, Germany, Poland, or Slovenia and an equivalence agreement concluded with the Czech Republic applies to your certificate of foreign secondary education, you shall directly submit this foreign document.
3a. Submitting a foreign certificate of foreign secondary education
You can prove your secondary education completed abroad directly by submitting a foreign certificate of foreign secondary education, as the case may be, supplemented with other documents required by the faculty. The faculty shall verify that you are entitled to follow your secondary education with Bachelor’s studies. Such verification may be subject to a fee.
The verification shall only apply for the purposes of admissions procedure at the faculty that made the verification; this is not a confirmation of equivalence of education. The advantage of the verification over the general recognition of foreign secondary education in the Czech Republic, made by Regional Authorities, is mainly that the process takes less time.
3b. Submitting a document of general recognition of foreign secondary education in the Czech Republic
You can prove your foreign secondary education with a document of general recognition of foreign secondary education in the Czech Republic. The recognition is performed by Regional Authorities. More information about obtaining this document, and contact details are to be found here.
The advantage of the recognition over the verification of education by the faculty is that the document of recognition may be used for various purposes and its validity is permanent. On the other hand, the process to obtain recognition is more complex and time-demanding.
Choose the faculty where you wish to study for detailed information on required documents and deadlines:
- Faculty of Law (Czech only)
- Faculty of Medicine - Bc. (Czech only)
- Faculty of Medicine - General Medicine
- Faculty of Medicine - Dentistry
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Arts – programmes taught in Czech
- Faculty of Arts – programmes taught in English
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Economics and Administration
- Faculty of Informatics
- Faculty of Social Studies
- Faculty of Sport Studies (Czech only)