Follow-up Master's degree inor form. The language of instruction is Czech.
The programme can be studied as a single subject or in combination with another programme.
Admission to Master's degree programmes in 2023/2024 (beginning: Spring 2024)
Submission deadline until midnight 30 November 2023.
Cílem studia je připravit odborníky pro odbornou a koncepční práci v oblasti celoživotního učení a vzdělávání dospělých. Absolvent studijního oboru Andragogika disponuje širokým spektrem znalostí vědního oboru, zná jeho principy a strukturu a rovněž i souvislosti s příbuznými obory. Absolvent navazujícího magisterského studia Andragogiky je připraven pro odbornou a koncepční práci v oblasti celoživotního učení a vzdělávání dospělých. Rovněž disponuje znalostmi a dovednostmi v plánování, realizaci i vyhodnocení andragogického výzkumu.
Studium mj. klade důraz na přípravu profesně zdatných absolventů, kteří budou znalí praxe vzdělávání dospělých, kompetenčně vybaveni pro celou škálu profesních aktivit, orientující se na mezinárodní úrovni, tzn. zaměstnatelné na konkurenčním trhu vzdělávání.
“Reading the word and reading the world (P. Freire).”
Practical training accompanied by supervision is an obligatory part of the curriculum for this field to an extent of 100 hours. The aim of practical training is to open a space for students to gain practical skills and competencies for a work in adult education. The presentation of students‘ own work and a reflection are part of the practical training. The practical training is implemented in cooperation with contracted partners. Most of the partners are working together to implement the practical training on a long-term basis. For example, the public administration bodies are represented by the South Moravian Region government, educational institutions by Jan Amos Komensky Academy or the "Center for Education for All", the employers' organizations are represented by Zetor, a.s., among others.
The graduates of the master‘s programme in Andragogy are prepared for expert and conceptual work in the area of lifelong learning and education of adults. Since the graduates of the programme master adequate didactic and methodological approaches to adult education, they are capable of individual planning, managing, realisation, and evaluation of multifaceted educational activities targeted at adults. In addition, graduates possess advanced knowledge and skills in empirical research methodology across the range of fundamental research designs.
Deadline for submitting applications: August 1 - November 30
Who the programme is intended for: The programme is intended for graduates of any Bachelor’s degree programme, but primarily for graduates of Bachelor’s studies of the same or related degree programme.
Subject matter of the entrance examination: The entrance examination consists of a knowledge test containing questions with open answers. The duration of the entrance test is 60 min. The test consists of questions from the field of pedagogical sciences and related sciences according to the following topic areas:
- pedagogy as a science; system of pedagogical disciplines, functions and characteristics of basic pedagogical disciplines and applied pedagogical disciplines, boundary pedagogical disciplines;
- andragogy as a science, system of andragogical disciplines (theoretical and practical);
- the relationship of pedagogy and andragogy to the related sciences (sociology, demography, psychology, human resources management);
- theories of education (academic, sociocognitive and cognitive psychological, spiritualistic and personalistic, technological, social);
- lifelong and all-life learning, formal and informal education, informal learning;
- the educational system and educational institutions in the Czech Republic, school system - basic characteristics, system of educational institutions and their focus, functions;
- methodology of pedagogical sciences and empirical pedagogical research, methods and techniques of pedagogical research;
- classical (consensual, conflict, interpretive) and contemporary sociological theories and their interpretation of upbringing, education and school;
- goals and functions of social policy, actors, principles and tools of social policy, the welfare state;
- human resources development and lifelong learning in an international and Czech perspective, intentions and objectives formulated in the basic programming documents of the EU (Memorandum on Lifelong Learning, White Paper) and the Czech Republic (Human Resources Development Strategy, Czech Lifelong Learning Strategy).
Waiver of the entrance examination: The entrance examination may be waived for applicants who have passed with excellent (A), very good (B) or good (C) results in the Bachelor's examination in the single-subject or main plan of study of the Pedagogy or Social Pedagogy and Counselling programme at the MU Faculty of Arts. However, no more than two years, i.e. four semesters, can have passed since the final state examination was taken. Applicants can ask for a waiver for the entrance examination via email to email@example.com.
General information on the course of the admission procedure to the follow-up Master’s degree programmes at FA MU can be found here. Documents for the current admission procedure are kept in Materials for Applicants.
Criteria for evaluation
Pass/fail line of the entrance examination: 50 points (out of 100).
Students have a pre-defined list of required courses, which are supplemented with selective and elective courses. The student pays full attention to the single field of study chosen.
After completion of the Master's degree studies, it is possible to continue further studies in any programme of the Doctoral studies (after satisfying the admission requirements) in the field of educational sciences.
|Provided by||Faculty of Arts|
|Type of studies|
|Standard length of studies||2 years|
|Language of instruction||Czech|
Do you have any questions?
Send us an e-mail
doc. Mgr. Petr Novotný, Ph.D.