- Minimalism and Nanosyntax.
To appear in The Cambridge Handbook of Minimalism. Cambridge University Press.
Nanosyntax: some key features.
To appear in The Cambridge Handbook of Distributed Morphology. Cambridge University Press.
To appear in The Wiley Blackwell Companion to Morphology. With Karen De Clercq, Michal Starke and Guido Vanden Wyngaerd.
Late Insertion and Root Suppletion.
To appear in a special issue on Nanosyntax of ReVel - Revista de Estudos da Linguagem. With Karen De Clercq and Guido Vanden Wyngaerd.
Nanosyntactic analysis of Turkish case system.
Submitted to Proceedings of TU+6. With Utku Türk.
Zero morphology and change-of-state verbs.
Submitted to Zeitschrift für Sprachwissenshaft. With Karen De Clercq and Guido Vanden Wyngaerd.
Prefixes in Czech zero-derived nominalizations and verbs.
Petr Karlík 70 Festschrift. With Markéta Ziková.
- Minimalism and Nanosyntax.
- Published papers
Modeling declensions without declension features.
To appear in Acta Linguistica Academica.
The marking of mass, count and plural denotations in multi-dimensional paradigms.
To appear in Studia Linguistica.
Complex Simplex Numerals.
To appear in Acta Linguistica Academica. With Marcin Wągiel.
How to be positive.
Glossa: a journal of general linguistics. With Karen De Clercq, Michal Starke and Guido Vanden Wyngaerd.
Universal Semantic Features and the Typology of Cardinal Numerals.
Catalan Journal of Linguistics. With Marcin Wągiel.
Locatives in Shona and Luganda.
A chapter in Variation in P : Comparative approaches to adpositional phrases. Oxford: Oxford University Press. With Marina Pantcheva.
Syncretism in Nanosyntax and three types of passive participles in Czech.
Naše řeč. With Lucie Taraldsen-Medová.
The Fine Structure of the Comparative.
Studia Linguistica. With Karen De Clercq and Guido Vanden Wyngaerd.
Syncretism in Morphology.
Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Linguistics.
Notes on insertion in Distributed Morphology and Nanosyntax.
A chapter in Exploring Nanosyntax, Oxford, Oxford University Press.
Syncretism as Merge F.
A chapter in The Unpublished Manuscript, a festshrift for Michal Starke.
How (not) to derive a *ABA: The case of Blansitt’s generalisation.
Glossa: a journal of general linguistics.
Suppletion and morpheme order: Are words special?
Journal of linguistics.
Three Kinds of `Homogeneous’ Patterns of Czech Numerals:
A Phrasal Spell Out Account.
Proceedings of FASL 24 at NYU.
Vowel length as evidence for a distinction between free and bound prefixes in Czech.
Acta Linguistica Hungarica. With Markéta Ziková.
Explaining Bobaljik’s Root Suppletion Generalization as an instance of the Adjacency Condition (and beyond).
Proceedings of OLINCO.
Czech Numerals and No Bundling.
Beyond Functional Sequence: The Cartography of Syntactic Structures 10. Oxford, Oxford University Press.
The jungle of the Czech local cases.
Nominal Structures in Slavic and Beyond. De Gruyter.
Explaining the structure of case paradigms by the mechanisms of Nanosyntax. The Classical Armenian nominal declension.
Natural Language and Linguistic Theory.
- PhD students
- Fenna Bergsma, PhD expected 2021. Supervised jointly with Katharina Hartmann, (Frankfurt).
- Veronika Kloudová, PhD awarded 2020. Veronika won the prize for the best PhD thesis at the Faculty of Arts for the year 2020.
- Edited volumes
- Special issue on *ABA in Glossa. With Guido Vanden Wyngaerd.
- Festshrift for Petr Karlík. With Michal Starke and Markéta Ziková.
- Festshrift for Michal Starke. With Karen De Clercq and Guido Vanden Wyngaerd.
- Proceedings of Sinfonija 9. Part 1, Part 2. With Markéta Ziková.
- Proceedings of FDSL 10.5. With Mojmír Dočekal and Markéta Ziková.
- A wix version of this site my son Miša made for me
- My Google Scholar profile
- A youtube talk within the series Linguistics Flash - Mobs. Epic battles in history
- I am a member of the Academic Senate at the Faculty of Arts
- I won a university-wide running competition -- running the most kilometers over the course of five weeks
- Since 2020, I use this site to keep track of my reviews.
- I am a member of the editorial board at Open Slavic Linguistics
- My ORCID